- December 2, 2021
- Posted by: Mariam Kasemiire
- Category: Uncategorized
During the rollout of the S3A in 2017, members from more than 40 African countries unanimously tasked FARA, AFAAS and SROs (ASARECA, CCARDESA, CORAF & NAASRO) to develop an online directory of AR4D Experts/practitioners for the continent to support the human capital formation, collaboration, peer learning and knowledge retention. This professionally managed portal provides opportunities for African countries to source expertise from each other whenever needed. FARA & partners have implemented this excellent initiative through the CAADP-XP4 project supported by the EC & IFAD and ready to roll out under the FARADataInformS agenda.
The portal, as an added value to the existing FARA Dgroups collaborative platform (with a host to over 35,000 members), is made up of only verified members by their respective country-level institutions (NARES) and professionally affiliated institutions. It collects detailed information from experts for consultancy opportunities as well. The portal is NOW opened for registration by all relevant African experts/practitioners resident in Africa and other parts. It is also opened to European AR4D experts interested in Africa.
Basic Requirement for Membership
- African experts/practitioners everywhere.
- Proven ublications / Contribution to knowledge (One must have some publications and/or contribute to knowledge)
- Years of work experience (one must have some level of experience to quality under membership categories.)
- Membership of Professional bodies (one must be affiliated to a professional body, NARES, University or verifiable association such as PAFO, CGIAR, etc)
- Peer references
- European Experts are also illegible to apply for special membership
Opportunity for CAES staff and students
This is an opportunity for CAES staff and students to register and be part of AR4D experts on the continent recognized by AU, FARA, AFAAS, ASARECA, CCARDESA, CORAF, NAASRO and the National Agricultural Research and Extension Institutions.
The registration categories are:
- Student expert
- Entry Level 1-5 years
- Mid- Level 6-10 years of experience
- Senior Level-10 & above
Benefits of registering and being part of this directory are (but are not limited to):
Free access to details of other experts
Access to funding opportunities, collaboration
Certificate of membership
Access to publish knowledge products in FARA library/journal
How to register:
- Click the web link (https://www.faradatainforms.faraafrica.org)
- Select “Experts” from the main menu
- Click-register now– Create new account. A verification email and password reset will be sent to your email. Complete the process
- Return and fill the form for membership and submit.
At some point in the registration process, you will be asked how you heard about the portal. Please put KM4AgdChallenge participant (it is in the drop down), and when asked for a code, put Elizabeth Asiimwe.
***Please access details in the document herewith attached at the bottom.
For assistance, please contact Ms Elizabeth Asiimwe, GREAT project, CAES, emails: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile numbers: 0774123865 | 0701902408