Zziwa A., Ziraba, Y. N. and Mwakali, J. A. (2010). Strength properties of selected Uganda timbers.DOI 10.1179/002032010X12759166444887. International Wood Products Journal. 1(1) 21 -27.
Abstract Napier grass (Pennisetum purpureum Schum.) is extremely valuable in eastern Africa, but high biomass production is often limited by poor establishment. An experiment was carried out at Makerere University Agricultural Research Institute, Kaban
Sseremba, O. E., Kaboggoza, J. R. S, Ziraba, N. Y., Mugabi, P.; Banana, A. Y., Zziwa, A., Kambugu, R. K., Kizito, S., Syofuna, A., Ndawula, J. (2010). Selected strength and machining properties of the wood of Albizia coriaria, Markhamia lutea and Chrysophyllum albidum used in Uganda's furniture industry. International Wood Products Journal, 1 (2): 96-101.
Kambugu R. K., Banana A. Y. and Odokonyero G. (2010). Chainsaw milling in Uganda. In: Marieke W. and van Dam J. (Eds.). Chainsaw milling: Supplier of local markets. Tropenbos International, Wageningen, the Netherlands. PP 194 – 202.
Gitau A.N., Kasisira L.L. and Mganilwa Z.M. 2010. Mechanization status in the Lake Victoria basin of East Africa. Austrian Journal of Agricultural Engineering, 1(5) pp 160-164
Productivity, cost, wood-waste and environmental impact of the current logging operations in Ugandan Forest Plantations
Balimunsi H.K. and Abeli W. Shoo, 2010: Productivity, cost, wood-waste and environmental impact of the current logging operations in Ugandan Forest Plantations, A book published by VDM Verlag, Dr. Muller Aktiengesellschaft & Co. KG, Saarbrucken, German.
Y Li, K W Migliaccio, M Zhou, N Kiggundu. Sampling Pore Water from soil and sediments. Water Quality Concepts, Sampling, and Analyses, 93-112, 2010
N Kiggundu, Y Li, KW Migliaccio. Phosphorus adsorption by ceramic suction lysimeters. Vadose Zone Journal, 9 (4), 1092-1099, 2010
Enhancing crop and livestock productivity: Learning and planning with local agro-pastoral communities in Nakapiripirit Karamoja Region of Uganda
Nanyeenya W. N., Mutumba C., Wanyama J., Mutyaba C. & Tengei, M. (2010). Enhancing crop and livestock productivity: Learning and planning with local agro-pastoral communities in Nakapiripirit Karamoja Region of Uganda. In: Mwangi, M. (Editor). Contributions of agricultural sciences towards achieving the Millennium Development Goals,. FaCT Publishing, Nairobi, Kenya. ISBN: 978 9966 7415 2, 6. 23–35.
More Articles ...
- Gaps, barriers and bottlenecks to Sustainable land Management adoption in Uganda
- Assessing the level of chemical contaminant migration and color changes associated with cooking foods in polyethylene bags:A case study of Ugali
- Characterization of Wastewater from an Abattoir in Rwanda and the Impact on Downstream Water Quality
- Assessment of Wastewater Management Practices in Kigali City, Rwanda
- Assessment of heavy metal pollution in trans-boundary River: Thecase of the Akagera River
- Suitability of auger drill sampling for the measurement of moisture content gradient in kiln-dried South African grown Eucalyptus grandis poles.
- Correlation between drying defects, their parameters and moisture gradients, in kiln-dried South African grown Eucalyptus grandis poles.
- Selected strength and machining properties of Albizia coriaria
- Composting and anaerobic digestion method applications in East African municipalities.
- Medicinal plants used by traditional medicine practitioners in the treatment of tuberculosis and related ailments in Uganda.
- Important woody species, their management and conservation status in Uganda: a case study of Balawoli sub-county.
- Socio-economic evaluation of adoption of drought tolerant maize varieties and its impact on the livelihood of the communities in Uganda
- Climate change impacts to agriculture in Uganda
- Sediments and nutrients hotspot areas dynamics in selected micro-catchments of the Lake Tanganyika Basin in Democratic Republic of Congo
- Introduction to Agronomy: Principles and practices.
- Delineating the Multifunctional Role of Agroecological Practices: Towards Sustainable Livelihoods for Smallholder Farmers in Developing Countries.
- Wood Properties and Timber Management in Uganda's Furniture Workshops.
- Tree species used in the furniture Industry in Masaka District, Uganda. The Ugandan carpenters
- Protected Areas and Poverty: Effect of Bwindi National Park on Local Livelihoods
- Effect of Solar drying on the quality and acceptability of jackfruit leather.
- Drying Maize Using Biomass-heated Natural Convection Dryer Improves Grain Quality During Storage.
- Mould and aflatoxin contamination of cassava chips in Eastern Uganda: Association with traditional processing and storage practices.
- A contemporary Geography of Uganda
- Principles and Practices for Secondary Schools and Colleges: Farm Structures, Machinery and Agricultural Economics
- Agriculture: Principles and Practices for Secondary Schools and Colleges
- Lifelong Learning in Honey Collection, Beekeeping and Apiary.
- (Lifelong Learning in Honey Collection, Beekeeping and Apiary). Question and Answer Trainer
- Omuringo Gw
- Effects of graded levels of cereal brans on growth performance and carcass characteristics of growing-finishing pigs.
- Factors influencing the trade of local chickens in Kampala city markets.
- Comparison of breeding systems by smallholder goat keepers in the humid, sub-humid and semi arid agro-ecological zones of Uganda.
- Smallholder goat breeding systems in humid, sub-humid and semi arid agro-ecological zones of Uganda.
- Variability in body morphometric measurements and their application in predicting live body weight of Mubende and Small East African goat breeds in Uganda.
- National beekeeping calendar, honeybee pest and disease control methods.
- Beekeeping Simplified: 600 Questions and Answers on Tropical Beekeeping.
- Selected Strength and Machining Properties of the wood of Albizia coriaria Welw. Ex Oliv. 442, Markhamia lutea (Benth.) K.Schum. and Chrysophyllum albidum G. Don 40 used in Uganda
- Cover cropping and novel pesticide usage in the management of pests of hot pepper (Capsicum chinense).
- Oviposition preference and offspring performance of Crocidolomia pavonana (Lepidoptera: Pyralidae) on different host plants.
- Organic soil fertility amendments and tritrophic relationships on cabbage in Uganda: experiences from on-station and on-farm trials
- Economic viability of biogas energy production from family-sized digesters in Uganda
- Optimisation of rhizobium and arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi benefits for grain legume production in acid soils
- Development of a hot pepper root rot and wilt disease management strategy through genetic resistance, chemical application and proper choice of rotational crops
- Identification of drought related and drought responsive genes in cassava
- Impact of landuse change on soil carbon stocks and livelihoods of communities on Mt. Elgon region, Uganda
- Developing a broad soybean germplasm base and durable resistance to soybean rust disease in Uganda
- An epistemological paradigm shift from adaptive to systemic approach to agricultural curricula review and development in Higher Education Institutes
- Strategy for improving bush bean production on a phosphorus fixing Andosol with aquic moisture regime
- Improving greengram production for nutritional diversification, income and food security in Uganda
- Information dissemination pathway preferences and needs of commercial urban farmers in Kampala, Uganda