S. Lumu, K. Nyombi, A. Swaga, M. Bukenya, H.K.Balimunsi, S.B. Tumwebaze, 2013; Effect of native soil fertility and mineral fertilizer on growth of pine seedlings in Uganda. ANNALS OF FOREST RESEARCH, Ann. For. Res. 56(2): 2013.
Nyombi K. and Balimunsi H.K.,2013; Comparing maize potential yields predicted using actual and interpolated weather data in Uganda. International Research Journal of Environment Sciences, Vol. 2(10), 1-5, October (2013).
Mugonola B., Kimaro D., Isabirye M., Deckers J., Poesen, J., Wanyama J., Mathijs E., (2013). Economics of grass strips used as sediment filters in the riparian zones of Lake Victoria Uganda.Agroecology and Sustainable Food Systems, 37 (9): 1040-1062.
Evapotranspiration crop coefficients for mixed riparian plant community and transpiration crop coefficients for Common reed, Cottonwood and Peach-leaf willow in the Platte River Basin, Nebraska-USA
Irmak, S., I. Kabenge, D Rudnick, S. Knezevic, D. Woodward, and M. Moravek (2013), Evapotranspiration crop coefficients for mixed riparian plant community and transpiration crop coefficients for Common reed, Cottonwood and Peach-leaf willow in the Platte River Basin, Nebraska-USA, J. Hydrol., 481 177-190 (doi: 10.1016/j.jhydrol.2012.12.032).
Evapotranspiration and surface energy balance of a common reed-dominated riparian system in the Platte River Basin, central Nebraska
Use of small grains and rice husks as physical control measures for post-harvest maize losses during storage
Laswai, H.S, Mosha, T.C.E, Banadda E.N. and Muzanila, Y.C. Use of small grains and rice husks as physical control measures for post-harvest maize losses during storage. Tanzania Food and Nutrition Journal, 13(1):40-45, 2013
Banadda N. and D. Kiyingi. Generation of electricity from sewage. The Open Renewable Energy Journal, 6: 23-30, 2013
More Articles ...
- Effect of Polyaluminium Chloride Water treatment sludge on effluent quality of domestic wastewater treatment
- Mapping urban Agriculture in Kampala City with special focus on animal manure generation
- Characterization of the Physico-chemical properties of selected white sorghum grain and flours for the production of baked sorghum ice cream cones
- Performance Evaluation of a Hybrid Natural Wastewater Treatment Pond System in Kigali, Rwanda
- High potassium, calcium, and nitrogen application reduce susceptibility to banana Xanthomonas wilt caused by Xanthomonas campestris pv. musacearum.
- Spread of Xanthomonas campestris pv. musacearum in banana plants: implications for management of banana Xanthomonas wilt disease.
- Studies of the genetics of inheritance of stem rust resistance in bread wheat .
- In vitro antifungal activity of synthetic dsRNA molecules against two pathogens of banana, Fusarium oxysporum f. sp. cubense and Mycosphaerella fijiensis.
- Nematode 18S rRNA gene is a reliable tool for environmental biosafety assessment of transgenic banana in confined field trials. Transgenic Research 22: 1003–1010
- Resistance to the Weevils Cylas puncticollis and C. brunneus Conferred by Sweetpotato Root Surface Compounds
- Plant parasitic nematodes associated with banana and plantain in eastern and western Democratic Republic of Congo
- Thidiazuron improves adventitious bud and shoot regeneration in Recalcitrant sweetpotato.
- Agrobacterium mediated transformation of banana (Musa sp.) cv. Sukali Ndiizi (ABB) with a modified Carica papaya cystatin (CpCYS) gene.
- Evaluation Of Bioassays For Testing Bt Sweetpotato Events Against Sweetpotato Weevils.
- Identification of relevant non-target organisms exposed to weevil-resistant Bt sweetpotato in Uganda.
- Genetic Variability and Evolutionary Implications of RNA Silencing Suppressor Genes in RNA1 of Sweet Potato Chlorotic Stunt Virus Isolates Infecting Sweetpotato and Related Wild Species.
- Evaluation of progenies from crosses between Bt and non-transgenic sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas).
- Weevil Resistant Sweetpotato Through Biotechnology.
- Segregation analysis of cry7Aa1 gene in F1 progenies of transgenic and non-transgenic sweetpotato crosses.
- Cattle breeds- Extinction or Quasi-extant?-Kugonza
- Socio-economic assessment of indigenous goat production systems in rural areas of Bugesera district in Rwanda-Kugonza
- Do neighbours of agricultural research stations learn anything from them: the case of Rubona station, Rwanda-Kugonza
- Varying levels of wheat processing by-products in diets for growing pigs: effect on growth and carcass traits.
- Profitability of smallholder dairy cattle farming in the Kamuli plains of Eastern Uganda.
- Performance of growing pigs fed diets based on by-products of maize and wheat processing
- Factors affecting suitability of surrogate dams for embryo transfer in cattle
- Investigating the effect of different loading densities on selected properties of dried coffee using a GHE dryer.
- Morphological and Genetic Diversity Analysis of Rice Accessions (Oryza sativaL.) Differing in Iron Toxicity Tolerance.
- Simple sequence repeats markers for grain-filling traits and yield components in tropical maize.
- Exploiting grain-filling rate and effective grain-filling duration to improve yield of early-maturing maize.
- Prevalence of sorghum anthracnose in different agroecologies of Uganda.
- Genetic characterisation of Ugandan strains of Colletotrichum sublineolum using ISSR makers.
- Building capacities on agricultural innovation within a university context: the case of Makerere University, Uganda
- Impediments, opportunities and strategies to enhance trade of wild and semi-wild food plants in Bunyoro- Kitara Kingdom, Uganda.
- Market Structure of Wild and Semi-Wild Food Plants Traded in Bunyoro-Kitara Kingdom, Uganda.
- Market conduct and performance of wild and semi-wild food plants traded in Bunyoro-Kitara Kingdom, Uganda.
- Harvesting, preparation and preservation of commonly consumed wild and semi-wild food plants in Bunyoro-Kitara Kingdom, Uganda.
- Productivity of soil fertilized with faecal manure of cattle fed Calliandra,Gliricidia and Luecaena browse/maize silage.
- Productivity of soil fertilised with faecal manure of cattle fed Calliandra, Gliricidia and Luecaena browse/maize silages.
- “Will urban farming survive the growth of African cities: A case-study in Kampala (Uganda)?’’
- Total Economic Value of Wetlands Products and Services in Uganda
- Wetland Use/Cover Changes and Local Perceptions in Uganda. Sustainable Agriculture Research
- An institutional analysis of commodity chain evolution: a case study of sawn wood in Uganda.
- Impact of Collaborative Forest Management on Forest Status and Local Perceptions of Contribution to Livelihoods in Uganda
- Participatory identification of farmer acceptable improved rice varieties for rain-fed lowland ecologies in Uganda.
- Contribution of wetland resources to household food security in Uganda. Agriculture & Food Security
- Yield and chlorophyll content of nakati as influenced by irrigation and fertilizer management
- Investigation of factors affecting the production and properties of Maize Cob-Particleboards
- Managing conservation and development on private land
- Governance of community based tourism in Uganda (KAFRED)