At CAES we believe that complex problems require the involvement of many stakeholders to craft sustainable solutions. One of our core functions is to partner and coordinate with local, regional and international organizations by promoting collaboration, mobilizing partnerships and galvanizing efforts of different actors to respond to national and global agricultural, environmental and food challenges.
CAES partners with countries, international organisations, civil society, foundations, academia, research institutions – with people and communities to improve their food security and support their development.
CAES has also signed several Memomoranda of Understanding to enhance our collaboration in research and academics, a number of Memoranda of Understanding were signed since 2016.
Our partners include International Organizations, Government Agencies, Technical Agencies, Non-Governmental Organizations and many more.
- The International Centre For Insect Physiology and Ecology (ICIPE)
- The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM)
- The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Centre (CIMMYT) or Centro International De Mejoramiento De Maiz Y Trigo
- International Foundation for Science (IFS)
- German Ministry For Research & Technology; Technische Universitat Dresen, Faculty of Environmental Sciences (BMBF)
- European Union (EU)
- Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industries and Fisheries (MAAIF)
- National Agricultural Research Organisation- Competitive Grants Scheme (NARO-CGS)
- Private Sector Foundation (PSF)
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- IHE Delft, Institute of Water Education, The Netherlands
- University of Leeds
- Austrian Partnership Programme in Higher Education Research For Development (APPEAR)
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
- Austrian Development Agency (AIDA)
- International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) – Uganda
- World Bank
- Family Health and International Water Management
Memomoranda of Understanding
KOICA IBS Program
The CAES and Chonbuk National University, International Agriculture Development and Cooperation Centre (IADCC) signed an agreement to implement the KOICA Inclusive Business Solutions (IBS) Project. The IADCC is the representative of the consortium of that constitutes Chonbuk National University and the partnering companies, Eagle Vet, Tech Co. Ltd and Shinhan A-Tech Co. Ltd. This project aims at establishing an agricultural business model linking crop and livestock farming by; strengthening farmers income, reducing poverty, improving agricultural environment in response to climate change, supporting farmers organisation and training farmers on improved agricultural technologies.
Mak- CAES agreement with Nyabyeya Forestry College
Makerere University, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences and Nyabyeya Forestry College signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) which came into effect on 3rd July 2018. The purpose of the MoU was to formalize the partnership in areas of training of forestry professionals and technicians for better management of forestry and related resources. The specific obligation covered under this MoU include human resource sharing, teaching aid and information sharing, improvement of skills for the college and university students, property ownership and sharing, sourcing for support and collaborative research among others.
MoU with Western Sydney University to promote collaborative Research
The CAES signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Western Sydney University (WSU) to promote collaborative research. The MoU signed on 20th June 2018 is in recognition of the mutual benefits gained through a cooperative program of promoting scholarly activities and international understanding.
Under the MoU the two universities will be undertaking joint activities like organisation of joint academic and scientific activities such as courses conferences, seminars, symposia or lectures. Others include exchange of academic staff for teaching and research activities on top of exchanging PhD/HDR students to undertake study or participate in research programs, in addition to exchange of publications and other information of common interest.
The memorandum which will last for five years subject to renewal on agreement was signed by the Vice Chancellor Prof. Barnabas Nawangwe on behalf of Makerere University and the Vice Chancellor WSU Prof. Barney Glover and was witnessed by the Directorate of Legal Affairs Makerere University. Prof. Elly Sabiiti is the Coordinator who responsible for managing the development and conduct of any activities upon which the two institutions agree on.
Prof. Bernard Bashaasha, Principal, CAES signed several Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) in the year 2016-2017 with other Institutions
- Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF); 17 Jan, 2017
- Australian Partnership Programme in Higher Education and Research for Development (APPEAR); 30 Jan 2017
- International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD); 15 Feb, 2017
- CoVAB, CoNAS, Kyambogo University, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Wild life Research and Training Institute, Nyabyeya Forest College and Uganda Petroleum Institute Kigumba; 23 Mar, 2017
- University of Nairobi Kenya, 20 Feb 2017
- Faculty of Agriculture, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University; 7 Apr, 2017
- Contract with GIZ; 24 May 2017
- Sub-grantee Agreement with the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi Arid Tropics (ICRISAT); 24 Mar 2017
- The World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF); 10 May 2017
- Technische Universitat Dresen, Faculty of Environmental Sciences Dresden Germany; 28 May 2018
- Sub Award Agreement with IOWA State University; 16 June 2017
- National Cooperative Business Association-Cooperative league of United States of America (NCBA-CLUSA); 21 Jun 2017
- International Food Policy Research Program; 27 Jun 2017
- Lund University Sweden; 3 Aug 2017
- Kansas State University Manhattan Kansas, USA; 15 Nov 2017
- Sub Agreement with Oregon University; 10 Jul 2017
- Agreement with McGill University Canada and University of Kwazulu Natal ,South Africa; 17 Aug 2017
- Agreement with the International Centre for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT); 19 Aug, 2016 – Prof. Moses Tenywa and Prof. Bernard Bashaasha
- Moon Agriculture and Processing Co. Ltd (MAP Co.,Ltd); 12 Oct, 2016
- The Norwegian University of Sciences and Technology (NTNU) EnPe funding; 8 Sep, 2016 – Prof. John Ddumba-Ssentamu, Former VC and Prof. Bernard Bashaasha
- Research contract with International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA); 19 Sep, 2016
- International Institute of Tropical Agriculture; 19 Sep, 2016 – Prof. John Ddumba Ssentamu, former VC and Prof. Bernard Bashaasha
- International Center for Living Aquatic Resources Management; 22 Aug, 2016
- Erasmus+ Programme, Justus Liebig University Giessen (Center for International Development and Environmental Research); 11 Jul, 2016
- Research contract with NARO; 30 Jun, 2016
- Agreement Universita’ Degli Studi Del Molise, Italy; 23 Jun, 2016
- International Centre for Research in Agroforestry; 30 May, 2016
- FAO under the Global Climate Change Alliance (GCCA); 9 May, 2016
- National Environment Management Authority (NEMA); 5 Apr, 2016
- FAO under Global Climate Change Alliance; 11 Mar, 2016
- Chonbuk National University of Republic of Korea; 9 Feb, 2016 – Prof. John Ddumba-Ssentamu, former VC and Prof. Bernard Bashaasha
- International Centre for Research in Agroforestry; 25 Feb, 2016
- Contract with Toyota Uganda Ltd
- Sub-agreement with ICRAF; 21 Jan, 2016
- Agreement with Justus Liebig University Giessen; 27 Jan, 2016 – Prof. John Ddumba-Ssentamu, former VC and Prof. Bernard Bashaasha
- Agreement with African Union Commission; 29 Jan, 2016